Monday, May 6, 2013

ups and downs of T1

Well, we are continuing to work toward the right medication dose for Peanut's diabetes. Lately, I feel like it's been all over the place. She will go from low 100s before breakfast to over 300 at morning snack time then back down to low 100s by lunch, 300s again at mid-day snack and tonight - a shocking 41 at dinner time. I can't figure out what is going on with this girl! She is just all over the place with her BG readings! It's a bit frustrating to not be able to point your finger at the culprit and then adjust it so that her readings can be in a healthier range. On top of that it just exhausts her. She becomes moody and weepy. Poor girl! It certainly is a juggling act to try to control her diabetes. I'm sure other parents of T1 kids feel the same way. It's frustrating and never ending. I am still working on learning to live with this and accept everything it means for our life. It truly can be a life-consuming illness. For now, we will keep working towards a healthier Peanut and trust that someday there will be a better way to manage her diabetes.