Monday, April 22, 2013

I sure do love the sunshine!

     I cannot believe what a huge difference a sunny day makes for me! I have just loved the beautiful weather we have been having lately. The last 2 days I was able to spend quite a bit of time outside working on the yard and flower beds. Afterward, I felt so energetic and happy! I'm not sure how long I will be up tonight - my energy just isn't lagging! This is what makes me want to move somewhere sunnier. Somewhere warmer. However, that doesn't seem to be part of God's plan for us right now so I will just take advantage of any sunny days we get!
     Today was a really good day for that and other reasons. Today was the first day this school year that I was able to spend the entire school day away from the school building! I spent the morning visiting with my parents and then spent a quiet, peaceful, heavenly afternoon home alone, eating my lunch in peace, while it was hot, without any interruptions! I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed my time! It was wonderful to be relaxed enough to really enjoy my time even though I was 20 minutes away from Peanut. I'm hoping that this will bring lots of good things next year! I didn't even do anything all that wonderful. I watched some of my favorite TV shows while I did some long overdue work on my computer. Nothing really thrilling but I had forgotten what it was like to be home during the day. And I don't know if I've ever spent that much time without my kids with me! I feel rejuvenated - I'm thinking this needs to become a weekly thing. It's amazing how much of a difference this has made! I definitely will be starting this! As it happens, I have one day each week that I don't work at all - what a wonderful day that is going to be for me! I can scrapbook, be lazy, get some housework done, and, overall, feel like a normal person! :)