Friday, March 15, 2013

Something bigger out there?

     Do you ever get that feeling that there's got to be something bigger in your life? That you should be doing more? Having a bigger impact? Doing something of greater importance? I am there today. I know that the work I do as a Momma is of the highest importance and I love being a momma. It's the things I do apart from being a momma that leave me wondering. I keep thinking there has got to be a bigger job, better relationships, more that I should be doing. I work in a day care but our days are eaten up with the normal tasks of diapering, feeding, cleaning, napping, feeding, diapering. :) I just think there has to be more out there. What if my life has little impact because I wasn't brave enough to step out, take a risk, make some changes? Maybe all that I need is some change. Maybe there is something bigger waiting for me out there - it's just OUT THERE - not here. I am ready for a change. I am ready for a bigger life. I just don't know how or where to start.
     Then, of course, there is always that feeling that there must be a better life out there too. Maybe that's just my old "grass is greener" syndrome kicking in but it feels like the meaningful moments in life are few and far between. Is that just an indication of my own lack of action or inability to recognize those moments? I guess I'm just feeling introspective today. And I'm hoping to find a reason to hope for more than this. I'm hoping for a joy-filled life. I'm hoping to someday talk to my children and hear them tell me how wonderful their childhood was. I hope we don't screw this up.