Saturday, January 12, 2013

A little bit of gypsy in me...

     Well, this happens fairly often with me but it's always annoying. I get the urge to pack up and go - anywhere but here. It's not that I have problems I am running from or anything like that. I just know this world is so much bigger than the few communities I live in. There's a whole world out there and I'm just sitting in the same city I've been in since I was 6 years old! In fact, the home I live in now is less than 5 minutes away from the home my family first lived in when we moved to Michigan from Ohio. I just feel like the years are flying by and I'm not taking advantage of all the opportunities that exist in this country. I guess if I am 100% honest, there is a little bit of the wanting to run from things here in this mood as well. The economy in Michigan was hit REALLY hard and still isn't recovering. While other states seem to be making progress we still seem to be struggling. Jobs are few and the pay is low. I'm ready to leave all this behind and start over fresh in a new state - preferably one with more sunny days than we have here in Michigan! I look at all we have here and think, yes, I could leave it all behind to have a fresh start somewhere new... and sunny! Maybe it's just the gloomy weather combined with the stress of daily life. Maybe it's just time to take a vacation. Whatever it is, I feel it rising up in me - this huge urge to run and start over. A bit like the movie Chocolat I suppose. (LOVE that movie!) Unfortunately, as I type this I am completely aware that this is not the path my life will take. In fact, I won't even see a change of scenery for this day! It can be frustrating but it is a good time to remind myself of my blessings. I am a mother to 2 amazingly wonderful children. I have the most loving, caring, doting, sweet, unselfish husband I could have ever imagined. I share my home with my big sister who I adore and her great family. While I am ready to sell the home I live in and move out to the country, I have a great home that provides the shelter our families need. Our bills are paid. God continues to work out our finances - usually at the last minute when I think it is too late. My children attend a school that continues to amaze me with their care, ministry and clear heart for God. I am able to be at the school with my children every day. I have a job that helps our budget work. My husband has a good job that still gives us health insurance that has covered astounding amounts of health care costs for our daughter. I am blessed. God has blessed us in overwhelming ways. And yet... I have the urge to pick up and go somewhere! Perhaps I will start planning a vacation! It would be so nice to pack up and go to the beach today - maybe I will just have to start planning for spring break!